If you need space on the road, pavement, or roadside verge, you will need traffic management to determine where you need a safety system around the space, which is typically achieved by using a coned-off area and some form of traffic control.

This ensures that both road users and you remain safe at all times. Once we know what type of traffic control you need, we will need a permit from the local authority to use that space for the requested time and make sure the right equipment is being used.